Built Better From the Ground Up
Built to Perform
At Waverly Homes we strive to build not just beautiful homes, but efficient structures that perform better than our competitors. This performance means your have a more comfortable home that is less expensive to heat, cool and maintain.
Between the slab foundation and the sprayfoam attic insulation, we are able to achieve air-leakage rates at about HALF of what code requires!
Third Party Energy Certification
We have a record of being the most energy-efficient builder in Clark county. Upon completion each home is given an EPS score, a score on the energy scale that ranges from zero to 200+ and is based on home energy use of natural gas, electricity, or energy generated from an installed renewable system.
Slab on Grade Foundation
This is a superior foundation to post & beam. How it’s done:
- we pour traditional exterior footings, most of which are continuous footings,
- we fill the inside of the foundation with compact fill (crushed rock),
- two full layers of structural rigid foam are installed on top of the crushed rock,
- vapor barrier, reinforcing, and utilities are installed,
- 4″ slab is poured.
This method achieves an R-10 insulation rating.
Performs better than post and beam:
- Less maintenance required due to lack of crawl space.
- Better resistance to pest intrusion.
- House is lower to grade which keeps lots, drives and patios flatter and more usable
- Fewer squeaks on the first floor
- Its waterproof, if a leak occurs the structure of the floor won’t be compromised.